Connecticut is a state located in the northeastern corner of the United States of America. It ranks 48th among the 50 U.S. states in terms of total area but is among the most densely populated. The state lies in the midst of great urban-industrial complex Atlantic coast, it borders Massachusetts to the north, Rhode Island to the east, Long Island Sound (an arm of the Atlantic Ocean) to the south, and New York to the west.
Connecticut takes its name from an Algonquian word meaning “land on the long tidal river.” “Nutmeg State,” “Constitution State,” and “Land of Steady Habits” are all sobriquets that have been applied to Connecticut.
These are the largest cities in Connecticut
||Name of the cities
Most commonly abused substances in Connecticut
Many people abuse prescription stimulant medications and central nervous system depressants, such as
- Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Clonazepam (Klonopin)
Substance abuse statistics
- Main cause of accidental deaths in the United States was drug abuse which claims 56,000 lines in the year 2015. This is really a huge number while compared to the other death ratios caused in the state.
- 1:4 percentage of people receive treatment for their substance use disorder in the drug rehab centers in connecticut between 2007 and 2014.
- There is an increase in opioid overdose death rates by 25.6% in the year 2014 to 2015 and the increased number of death rate is about 800.
- Youngsters in the connecticut region who aged between 12 to 17, had noted the highest national rate of alcohol abuse in the last one month and the percentage is about 18, which is an increased ratio while comparing to the previous year 12%.
- Fentanyl is often found in the heroin street supply, a very powerful synthetic opioid. The death rates on using this fentanyl has been raised from 14 in number to 466 in the years 2012 and 2016 respectively. In a particular year i.e 2015-2016, the highest increase of about 155% death rates has been observed due to the fentanyl usage.
- In the year 2014, Connecticut has been ranked in fourth position nationally for the alcohol abuse on individuals who age over 18 years
- In the same year, it has been ranked fifth nationally for the count of fatalities which involves alcohol abuse.
- Around 97 incidents from a total of 248 recorded on traffic fatalities which results in an accident will hold a legal document on intoxicated driver.
- The Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner reports that there were 1,038 accidental drug intoxication deaths in 2017, equaling nearly three overdose deaths per day.
Substance abuse treatment
- Only 7% of people in the connecticut state with alcohol addiction receive recovery treatment, the remaining 93% of people with addiction to alcohol were not subjected to any kind of treatment.
- About 20% of Connecticut residents who were addicted to drugs receive treatment for their recovery.
- A total of about 67,706 people receive opioid use disorder treatment in Connecticut.
- In 2005- 2015 Connecticut Total Substance Abuse Admissions in the age of 12 and older.
||Name of the drug
||Number people received treatment
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
. Find a way to your recovery
Connecticut is a beautiful state for a good lifestyle with its ethnic beauty and the industrial area. It’s an economical zone where you can find lots of opportunities to build your career. It on one side of connecticut, the other dark side is the usage of drugs and alcohol, this particular state has a high percentage in the drug and alcohol abuse. The government and private organisation provides the best treatment centers for their recovery. You can check our website to know more about the treatment centers that best suits you.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Connecticut
Due to alcohol addiction, 7% of residents suffer in the Connecticut region are over the age of 12.
About 5% of youths in the Connecticut regions were abusing illicit drugs and the age between 12 to 17.
Total traffic fatalities
39 percent of the total traffic fatalities recorded would be related to alcohol abuse in the Connecticut region.
You Can also View:
LET US CALL YOU
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live. There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction